Arbicon ADR Ltd

Solicitor Services / Court Assistance

There are two concepts of process in dispute resolution, the first is Court proceedings, the second is ADR, (Alternative Dispute Resolution), which is "anything but go to court". Here we deal with some of the aspects of going to court.

Taking your case to court can be a long winded and almost certainly, an expensive route to take in dispute resolution. Choosing this method will also require a solicitor or barrister to attend court proceedings unless you represent yourself.

The modern court process encourages parties to make an attempt at resolving their issues before coming to court. This is due to the fact that going to court comes at a cost to the taxpayer, so any attempt to resolve your dispute (e.g. adjudication or mediation) prior to taking court action is desired. In the case of construction this done using the "Pre-action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes 2nd Edition" The spectre of costs of court proceedings, which are often disproportionate and under current rules only partially recoverable, will often persuade the end of proceedings through an ADR or negotiated process, if which Arbicon are specialists.

Arbicon can assist with cases in Court with advice on:

  • The Pre-action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes
  • How to use or engage in ADR to dispense with Court proceedings
  • Case presentation and compilation where self-represented
  • Advisory or Formal CPR 35 Expert reports / witness services
  • Assistance with summary enforcement of adjudication decisions
  • Appointing a suitable barrister for your Court matter

Arbicon are dual qualified in construction law and chartered quantity surveying. Arbicon are claims consultants and advise specialist construction solicitors and solicitors on matters of ADR (e.g. adjudication and mediation) and technical construction commercial related matters including expert opinion on quantum matters and delay analysis.

If you are a solicitor and need assistance with ADR or Expert opinion or a party to court proceedings in need of an alternative view call Arbicon.

Call one of our experts for a free consultation today.

Call us on 01733 233737  Peterborough

0207 406 1494 London

0121 262 4086 Birmingham

Or email us via our contact form here.